Philosophy/Core ValuesWhat if? Freedom Ministries believes that God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit make up the Trinity. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, came to Earth in human form to be the perfect sacrifice to save all of mankind from sin, was crucified and died for our sins, rose from the grave three days after his death, and now sits at the right hand of God in heaven interceding for us. After Jesus ascended to heaven, God sent the Holy Spirit to be our comforter, counselor, and friend on Earth.
What if? believes that God has a special plan for every person and wants to be intimately involved in each of our lives. He will not force Himself into our lives but waits for us to ask Him to work in us. God can and wants to heal our hurts and break the bondages that keep us from walking in an intimate relationship with Him and in His peace and contentment. God is bigger than any of our hurts, habits, or hang-ups.
What if? believes that each individual must be an active participant in accomplishing God's plan. The following core values promote that involvement:
- We are powerless to control and change ourselves. We need God's help.
- Surrender is the key - giving up our wants and desires to pursue His will for our lives is the first step on the road to wholeness, joy, and freedom.
- Transparency and vulnerability with God and others enable Him to work more effectively in our lives.
- Daily time with God - Bible study, prayer, praise, listening - is critical to healing and continued growth in our relationship with Him and others.
- God created us to be social beings, to need each other. Sharing our joys and pain with others and being accountable to another person help us heal.
- Each of us needs to build trust in others so we feel safe to share concerns and issues without the fear of someone breaking confidentiality.
- We must forgive others and ourselves to maintain a close relationship with God.
- Sharing what God has done in our lives blesses God, others, and us.